Last 19th and 20th of May, Indonesian Pole & Line and Handline industry players joined forces through the formation of a new Association : Asosiasi Perikanan Pole and Line dan Hand Line Indonesia (translated as Indonesian Pole and Line and Hand Fishing Assocation” and abbreviated to AP2HI).
The main aims of AP2HI are:
- Gather, unify and act as a “shared voice” for the diverse businesses engaged in Indonesia’s pole and line and hand line industry
- Promote a fair, transparent and sustainable utilisation of the resource
- Ensure the industry conducts itself in a responsible and insightful manner in regards to both the environment and dependent communities
- Encourage and facilitate partnerships between companies upstream and downstream
- Drive innovation, transparency and traceability
- Represent and promote the industry both nationally and internationally to foster further support for Indonesia’s coastal tuna fisheries
Fishing & Living greatly supports this initiative and looks forward to continue working in Indonesian with an industry that is both motivated and committed to achieving sustainable fisheries in the upcoming years.
To learn more about AP2HI, click here.
We distributed helmets to all fishermen children in two local coastal communities in Bali. The main goal of this event […]Read more
The Award for Corporate Excellence (ACE) is given annually by the U.S. State Department to American companies who exhibit good […]Read more
June 2012 We hosted an event coinciding with World Ocean Day and Coral Triangle Day. The event was to raise […]Read more